Wow, it’s been a hot second since I wrote a blog post.
I am going to try to be more consistent (sorry y’all). SO many of you have messaged me to ask if I stopped blogging (NO!). But, since joining RewardStyle – most of my shoppable posts are on that platform and here under Shop My Instagram.
Let’s get down to business. The time has come for the annual Nordstrom sale. To be honest, I’ve been kind of dreading it for a few reasons.
- Every blogger under the sun hits the sale HARD. There are a few reasons for this. Nordstrom really pushes the sale hard to most bloggers and pays influencers $$$$ to promote it. BUT, also RewardStyle (the company bloggers uses to monetize their blogs) and Nordstrom work together to create more commission for bloggers. So, it’s in EVERY bloggers best interest to hit the sale hard. But, it always leaves me feeling a little meh about the whole thing.
- It’s July. I live in North Carolina which means it’s about 90+ degrees every day. It’s hard for me to start thinking about fall boots and cardigans.
- I also feel like the sale prices haven’t really been that great the past few years. I encourage you to buy one pieces you LOVE and not fall into the trap of “oh, it’s on sale, so I should buy it”.
- AND last but not least. I HATE seeing something I’ve bought on 800 other people. I know everyone can style things differently, but at some point during the sale, you’re entire insta feed is the same basic look done 8392420 times.
So, because of this.. I’m choosing not to hit the sale hard. I picked 10 things I think are actually worth purchasing. I’ll most likely do a try on session this weekend at my local Nordstrom and that will be that.
Just to note – The sale for cardholders is live today. If you don’t have a Nordstrom card, the sale will go live the 19th.
- Blank Suede Skirt : I feel like this one is 100% going to sell out. I ordered a Medium, for a lower waisted fit. $64
- Sway Chambray Dress: I LOVE THIS. Can’t wait for it to come in. $64
- OTS Hot Pink Sweater (comes in 2 colors): I can’t say no to pink. $41
- Madewell Jeans: High Waisted. I paid full price for these, the fit is a dream. $85
- Marc Fisher OTK Boots: $160, great option, similar to the Stuart Weitzman Highland Boot
- Perfect Work Tote: $32
- Zella Work Out Pants: Maybe these will make me work out. Stay tuned. $38
- The Perfect Work Appropriate wear everyday studs: $64
- Leith Wrap Dress: SO FLATTERING.
- Wear to Work Jumpsuit: Can Dress up or down. Throw on and go. (This is my work wear love language) $71
- Black block heels that you will wear over and over: $64
- Great basic jean skirt: Zip front that makes it super flattering $58
- Joggers that will sell out because EVERY blogger has posted them. Not my fav $31
- Free People Esque Dress: $49. Must. Try. On.
- Someone tell me I don’t need this mirror to do my makeup : $250. Will my makeup look better, more even? Probably not. BUT I want.
- Sam Edelman Coat: I love it. I know some of you will hate it. $196.
- Patagonia Puffer: $199; price isn’t low enough for me to pull the trigger…
I’m gonna keep updating this as things sell out/ I find things I like. Stay tuned for my try on session tomorrow in store.