DRESS: Shein │SHOES: Tory Burch│ BRACELET: David Yurman │SUNNIES: Ray Ban │BALLOON: Party City
Today is Max’s one year adoptaversary!! We had to document the occasion with picture torture. It just so happened the day we took these pictures it was windy, but hot. So trying to get Max to look at the camera when the balloon was in the perfect spot was serious work.
Max took off after a dog or squirrel more than once, which sent me sprinting down the street after him with a balloon in hand. I’m sure it was hilarious to watch.
I get a super surprising amount of DM’s on instagram about Max so I thought I’d fill y’all in on the Max scoop.
I actually got Max off of Craigslist. Yup, you read that right. He’s from Craigslist.
I always loved Westies and thought they were the cutest dogs. Anyone else love those dog food commercials with Westies? So, when I decided I wanted to finally get a dog of my own, I knew I either wanted a King Charles Cavalier or a Westie. I joined a few rescue groups, but nothing was available near me. As I was googling the breed, a Craigslist ad popped up.
That was Max. A couple in the Raleigh area got Max from a breeder and couldn’t keep up with him. They had three kids under 3, which is a feat in itself. Adding a puppy into the mix just wasn’t working. I went and saw Max that day and instantly fell in love. He ran right up to me and peed on my feet.
We’ve been inseparable ever since.
Max facts you might not know:
- Max is a West Highland Terrier.
- He weighs about 15 pounds and is full grown.
- His favorite, favorite food is cheetos. He will serious harrass you for some cheetos.
- Since were talking about food, this dog will literally eat anything – lettuce, kale, avocado. Anything I am eating, he will eat.
- He is my constant shadow. Have you ever heard the term velcro dog? Well, that is Max. He wants to go where mom goes.
- He has more energy than any other dog I’ve owned. I thought when I got him that he’d be this cute lap dog and boy, was I wrong. He is constantly moving.
- He loves to tear up my favorite things. It’s seriously like he knows that I really like something. The list of things he’s torn up is long and vast: underwear, shoes, makeup brushes, sunglasses… RIP
- Max is also hands down the friendliest dog I’ve ever owned as well. He does not know a stranger. He wants to be every person and every dog’s best friend.
- He absolutely loves to be chased. It’s his favorite game and he could play for hours.
- He will literally let me dress him up in anything. He’s the best costume dog ever.
Max isn’t perfect, but neither am I. He is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, so we had to celebrate him today. Head over to my insta story to see some super cute throwback pics to when Max was a baby.