Happy Cinco Babes!
As promised (so late I know) I wanted to share a little bit more about our trip to Cancun.
So, I’ve been to Mexico lots of times. But, we’ve always just used Cancun as a jumping off point, traveling to Tulum or Playa del Carmen. We’ve never actually stayed there. I’d heard lots of varying things about Cancun, so we decided to check it out and see for ourselves. Raleigh has a direct flight right into Cancun so it was the perfect quick little getaway.
Where we Stayed
We stayed at the beautiful Grand Fiesta Americana Cancun. We booked a beautiful suite with a huge rooftop balcony. The views were unreal and the water was just the prettiest shade of blue. We had unlimited access to the VIP lounge at the very top of the hotel. There they had daily breakfast, lunch and happy hour with heavy hors d’oeuvres.
The pools at this hotel are crazy. We lost count, but it seemed like they went on forever and ever. We mainly stayed at the pool bar. There was also a VIP area on the beach and at the pool. They have a variety of water activities as well. We went jet skiing and swam out to the anchored dock.
SWIMMIE: Amazon SUNNIES: Amazon
The hotel has the largest spa in South America, so we had to check it out. It was beautiful and beyond relaxing. The eucalyptus steam room was SO good.
COVER UP: Gianni Bini (old) SANDALS: Tory Burch BAG: Amazon PHONE CASE: Etsy
Where To Eat
- Porfirio’s: Freaking yum. Porfirio’s sits right on the water and we caught the sunset our first night in Cancun here. The food is traditional Mexican cuisine with GOOD drinks. This was my favorite restaurant we ate at while in Cancun.
- Limoncello: Yum. Italian restaurant right on the water. The seafood pasta dishes were so good.
- Lorenzillo’s: Lobsta, lobsta. SO good. We came here for the lobster, we ate the lobster and we were not disappointed.
What To Do
- Coco Bongo: So freaking FUN. We actually went both nights, because it was just too good. Think Vegas on steroids. It’s a LONG show (close to 3 hours) with acts for everyone. Performances to Queen, The rollings stones and more current song.. Think dancing, performers swinging from the ceilings, flames… All the good stuff. I honestly could not look away. Highly recommend.
- Private Sail: I really wanted to take a boat out to Isla Mujeres. I found the BEST private boat company on trip advisor. We met them at the dock and sailed around for a private 5 hour boat tour. They provided endless alcohol and lunch. We left around 2 because we wanted to see the sunset from the boat. The tour is completely custom. You can basically leave at whatever time works for you. This was probably my favorite part of our trip! Highly recommend.
All in all, we were super pleasantly surprised about out trip to Cancun. I am SO in for any tropical location that’s just a short direct flight away. I never felt unsafe the entire time we were there. We ventured out into downtown Cancun every night we were there. We even ate tacos at 2 am and I never even felt uneasy.
Questions? Feel free to email me or DM me!