SKIRT: Forever 21 │TOP: Nordstrom Rack│ BOOTS: Chloe (old) Similar Here│SCARF: Gap │SUNNIES: Karen Walker │WATCH: Michele │BRACELETS: David Yurman & The Styled Collection
Monday, we meet again.
How is it the week of Thanksgiving? I swear, it was just a few weeks ago I was in my bathing suit by the pool. Thanksgiving is not one of my favorite holidays.
BUT – Black FriYAY is. Yup, it gets it’s own separate holiday. Stay tuned for a HUGE post on all the good sales I’ll be shopping & some of my picks. Good deals have already started popping up – everything I see will go on my story.
I’m heading to Asheville/ Boone, NC to my parents mountain house for the holiday. It’s pretty rural, but I’m going to try to hit the outlets and the mall for a good try on session for you guys.
Ok, back to the outfit. YOU GUYS. you definitely don’t need a sale to shop this look. This skirt is $15!! Such a good fall staple. Size up in the skirt – I am wearing a medium. The skirt, top, and scarf are under $100.
I hope you guys have the best short week!
PONCHO: Ebay │BOOTS: Chloe (old) Similar Here│PANTS: LuLulemon │SWEATER: Nordstrom Rack│WATCH: Michele│BRACELETS: David Yurman & The Styled Collection │SUNNIES: Karen Walker
Today, we’re talking all about Botox.
I don’t really understand why, but it seems like Botox is a four letter word to some people. I mentioned to some friends that I was thinking about Botox and I got pretty much the same response from everyone – eye rolls and sighs.
Gonna be really real for a second. Maybe I’m just the most vain person on the planet – but I don’t want crows feet or fine lines. Who really does? Recently, I started noticing more fine lines. When I was in my early twenties, I can remember waking up and being SO happy with my no makeup face. But, lately I’ve been noticing more lines on my no makeup face. So, after thinking about preventative Botox for a LONG time, I finally jumped in.
Ok, let’s cover some basics. How does Botox works? Botox temporarily paralyzes muscles in your face that are causing wrinkles and fine lines.
I think probably the most important part of Botox is where you go. Instead of price shopping, find a reputable place that employs at the very least an RN. We’ve all heard Botox horror stories and so much of that has to do with the knowledge and experience of the provider.
I chose Skin Raleigh and if you’re in the triangle this is hands down where you should go. They are one of the top 100 Botox providers in the country. Yep, you read that right. Professional staff, clean environment and knowledgeable providers with tons of experience.
- Prior to Your Appointment: No alcohol for 24 hours prior. Alcohol can cause blood thinning which can result in bruising.
- Where? For my first session, I targeted my crows feet and some fine forehead lines. This will be dependent on your specific problem areas and the recommendations from your provider.
- Pain? For me, it really didn’t hurt. The needle isn’t huge and I barely felt the stick. Again – SO important to be picky about your provider.
- Time? The whole process lasted less than 15 minutes.
- After Care?
- No Facials or manipulation of the treatment area directly following treatment.
- No exercise 6 hours following treatment.
- Do not lay down for at least 4 hours post treatment.
- Optimal results occur within 4-7 days post treatment.
- Maintenance: It’s recommended for prevention to have additional Botox treatments every 4 months. I received my treatment in early October, so I’ll be heading back in February for my next treatment.
I am BEYOND thrilled with my results. I’m going to share a full before and after when I go in for my second treatment.
If you have any questions about Botox or Skin Raleigh feel free to email me.
SKIRT: Rachel Zoe (old) Similar Here │TOP: Nordstrom Rack│ BOOTIES: DSW │WATCH: Michele │BRACELETS: David Yurman & The Styled Collection│ SUNNIES: Ray Ban
Happy Monday Babes!
There are a ton of new faces around here, so I thought I’d share a few things you might not know about me.
- I loved school. Might be why I stayed in as long as I possibly could. When all the other kids were dreading the new school year, I was continually asking my mom how many more days until school started..
- I am an only child and have always been super envious of all of my friends with siblings.
- I started out my undergraduate career as a fashion merchandising major. This was 2010 when it was incredibly hard for new college graduates to find jobs. I wanted to pick a career with job stability and longevity. Audiology fell into my lap and made perfect sense.
- When I was little, I told my family for years I wanted to be a nail tech. Before anyone gets offended, there’s nothing wrong with being a nail tech. All the other kids were saying they wanted to be lawyers and doctors or astronauts and all I could come up with was nail tech. My parents were only mildly concerned.
- I love to travel. My mom gave me the travel bug when I was really little. We traveled across Europe together every summer from the time I was eight until I went to college.
- I grew up a few blocks from the ocean and I will always feel the most at home near the water.
- I LOVE consignment. Designer consignment, furniture consignment, antiques. Anything used is my jam. I am all about reuse and recycle. I’m actually doing a full blog post on my love of designer consignment coming soon. My mom owned a furniture consignment store for most of my childhood, so it might be in my blood 😉
- I have a serious coffee addiction. It’s bad. Don’t try to even look at me before I’ve had some coffee.
- I love old, classic rock. and the 80’s. My parents bought me the Best of Queen CD collection in middle school and I played those non-stop. I still know every single word to most Queen songs.
- I’m from Florida, but I actually hate most seafood. I will eat shrimp, scallops, but not fish. Everyone thinks it’s so weird.
Okay, enough about me. How freaking cute is this skirt? Obsessed with all things plaid for the Christmas season.
I LOVE boot season. As y’all know, I don’t necessarily love the cold, but I do love a good boot. I rounded up all my favorite new fall boots below. So many of them are under $100. I’m buying those leopard booties right MEOW.
&& I’ve been dying over white booties. I NEED a pair.
The leaves have FINALLY started to change in NC and Max and I are all about it. You know those funny videos where the dogs run into the huge piles of leaves? That is Max.
We took a trip to the western part of the state this weekend and I can’t wait to get some pictures up!
Happy, Happy Sunday Babes!
ROMPER: Amazon │SHOES: Schutz │WATCH: Michele │BRACELETS: David Yurman & The Styled Collection
PANTS: Democracy│ SHOES: Nordstorm │SWEATER: H&M│ BAG: Louis Vuitton │SUNNIES: Ray Ban │WATCH: Michele│BRACELETS: David Yurman & The Styled Collection
JACKET: Barbour │DRESS: LuLu’s│SCARF: Louis Vuitton │BOOTS: Chloe (old) Similar Here│SUNNIES: Karen Walker│WATCH: Michele │ BRACELETS: David Yurman & The Styled Collection
Happy Tuesday Babes!!
Halloween countdown is on.. I am seriously such a little kid about holidays. I CAN’T WAIT.
So, I started a serious debate at work yesterday. What’s the best Halloween candy? To me, there is a VVVV obvious answer here, but apparently Halloween candy causes controversy. Sorry, but I think people who like fruity candies the best are WEIRD.
Reese’s pumpkins (or any shape for that matter) will always be my favorite Halloween candy.
Moving on (because apparently I can talk about candy endlessly) I still can’t get over these Denver views. We drove to Breckenridge from Denver while I was there and we took the V scenic route. So pretty.
Hope you guys are having a good start to your week!
JEANS: American Eagle│SWEATER: Pretty Little Thing│SUNNIES: Ray Ban│SHOES: Keds│WATCH: Michele│BRACELETS: The Styled Collection & David Yurman
SKIRT: Zara │SHOES: Steve Madden │SWEATER: Nordstrom Rack │WATCH: Michele│BRACELETS: David Yurman & The Styled Collection
Beyond obsessed with this skirt. It’s so cute and I seriously got ALL the compliments when I wore it to dinner.
How cute would it be with some OTK boots? OTK boots are here to stay y’all, so scoop them up now. My favorite are $$$ but there are such good dupes everywhere. Linking some good dupes here and here.
So, like most people (I hope), I’ve been planning my Halloween costume for weeks. But then today, someone told me I’m “too old” to dress up. They even went so far as to inform me that in some cities trick or treating over the age of 12 is banned.
Yup, you read that right, banned. HOWWWWWW? I probably won’t trick or treat, but I will 100% be dressing up and consuming my fair share of candy.
& just for those naysayers who are anti-Halloween, most of America is NOT with you. Halloween is the second most commercial holiday coming in right behind Christmas. So, if you love Halloween just as much as I do, you’re not alone.